Thursday, December 6, 2007

Bath and Dogs



Just like us, dogs also need their baths as well. About two times a week, I make sure my dogs take a bath, especially since I take them out everyday. You would think that bathing our dogs is normal and harmless. Unfortunately, taking our dogs bath frequently, could actually be harmful to them. Surprisingly, isn't it? Water is harmless to dogs, but the shampoos and/or soaps we use to bathe them is the main problem. Never use human shampoos and soaps on dogs, which can highly be hazardous to them.
From my personal experience with my dogs, it's best to be well prepared when bathing my dogs. Always have extra towels, and make sure to dry off your dogs completely. If shampoo or soap dries on a dogs fur, it's very likely that your dog will start scratching it self frequently. It's best to dry off your dog and making sure that all of the shampoo, conditioner, and/or soap is washed off the dogs coat. Ideally, dogs need baths in order to get rid of fleas, as well as to get rid off bad smell. If your dog starts to develop a bad smell, it's time for a bath.

Although dogs need take baths just like humans, they are still nervous and scared about taking baths. Its isn't clear to why dogs are terrified about taking a bath. Especially, since they get excited and start running around or roll over the floor, right after a bath. Dogs have there ways, but one thing for sure, they enjoy and dislike taking baths. It's a very balanced feeling for dogs, maybe.

4 comments:

DAVEMAN said...

I like the look of your blog; clean looking, readable, great photos and instructive links. The two dog blogs coming out of this class are both great. I haven't owned a dog in ages. When I did wash her, it was never more than twice a month. It really is an ordeal...dogs really don't like it, but they do get to stink after a while. I also found that flea shampoo did work well, with regular apps.

Lauraelena said...

Your blog is really easy follow and has some great information that is new to me. I'd like to see more! I also like to hear more about your dogs and personal experiences with them. Tell me more about your adorable babies! I do really like all the questions and polls, more people need to vote and maybe you could add some more. I love hearing about your adventures with dogs at the park! I have had some great ones too...

Funny that the dog my parents and I use to have loved taking a bath...especially a bubble one! I can't wait to have a dog again one day.

Nicole Leigh said...

Your blog looks so good. I love the pictures and you obviously love your dogs. Your information is great and I will come back to it when I get my own puppy!

Zoe said...

I am really enjoying your blog. The pictures are great and I enjoy the advice and subjects that you write about. It was easy to navigate around and I found it easy to vote in the polls as well as post comments. The one thing I didn't care for were the ads on the side of your site, but that's something that I have to get used to. Keep up the good work!